2017 in 3 words | Hello 2017!

By Chris - January 01, 2018







If you ask me to describe 2017 in three words, I would say Challenging, Almost and Amazing.
Challenging because: It is the year I started my final year as an Art Student. It’s my thesis year and I only have one shot to redeem myself. I left shy-ass self at my comfort zone and left my comfort zone. It is my first time to shoot Ballet photography and to be completely honest, I don’t have any idea on how to shoot a moving subject. Dance photography is really not my forte but as I said, I left everything at my comfort zone and took couple of risks. 
Almost because: almost dropped thesis for my adviser wanted me to drop because she believes that the thesis topic that I chose is too hard to understand. She wanted me to stop in the middle of the semester. But I proved her wrong. I worked my ass until every single thing is done and now she likes and appreciates my thesis. Also, I almost broke up with my partner, Roland because of my anxiety. But that proved that Love can conquer all (Wow so cheesy???). He showed me that he will always be there for me through thick and thin. 
Amazing because:  2017 has been an amazing year. Despite all of the challenges and almosts, I’ve grown into the person that I never knew that I was going to be. I learned a lot relating to my chosen course and thesis. I look forward to 2018′s surprises especially as an art-inclined person for I am still in my learning curve and there are still a lot to learn as the days pass by. It is also the year that I will be graduating University! Also, I am really thankful for the people who haven’t left my side this 2017 and who have helped me grow. 
Let us all claim that 2018 will be our year! Cheers!

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments