#OhyoTravels : National Museum

By Chris - May 26, 2015


First legit post here on Blogspot! Ah I have finally moved to a new home. Why? Because tumblr isn't tumblr anymore. Home isn't home anymore. I don't know what happened to tumblr. But don't get me wrong, I love tumblr. It's been my home for 4 years. But I really felt out of place. Tumblr has really changed. I think it's time for me to say good bye to tumblr. So I will continue my journey here, on blogspot. 

Anywaaaaayyyyyyyyys last May, 14 Me and my friends went to the National Museum!

 In celebration of National Heritage Month this month of May, the National Museum offers FREE ADMISSION throughout the entire month of May. As an Art Student, I need to fuel my creativity. So me and my friends went on an adventure in National Museum. It was actually my first time going to the National Museum even though it's only 10 minutes away from school. 


 First stop The famous Spolarium by Juan Luna. It was really really big! I really love colors of this painting because it's so dramatic and it is full of power and emotion. Great job Juan Luna!


 This room is filled with Fernando Amorsolo paintings. Tip: How did I distinguished the artist of the painting without looking the tags? Simple. Fernando Amorsolo's paintings has really bright lighting when it comes to the subjects. It has a vignette effect on it.




Ah yes. Vicente Manansala. He is a cubist. from Macabebe, Pampanga (yo Kabalen!)



To be honest I'm really tired after visiting 5 galleries lol but hey! I'm here to refuel my creativity! So I'll do it he he he.



 Lovely lighting!


 The Hipster spiral staircase ha-ha!


Aaaaaaaaaaaaaannnnnddd that ends our trip from the National Museum! It has been a tiring day full of walking lol. But hey! At least I learned :)

Good news! Free admission to the National Museum has been extended until the end of June! The National Museum is open Tuesdays to Sundays, from 10:00 AM to 5:00 PM.

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. Those stairs tho!

    I agree with you about Tumblr. I blame Yahoo for everything~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know right? Haha!


      Ugh sabi ng Yahoo "small changes" daw but yahoo changed everything. Pati yung logo! :(

      Delete